Ready to paint your home? Be sure to use the right finishes in each room and feature to make the best impact in your home. Using the wrong finishes can backfire for homeowners if the wrong ones are used in the wrong spaces. Below, you’ll find the most common finishes and recommendations on where they are best applied to.
– PAINT FINISHES –
- Flat is a low-sheen paint with a non-reflective finish that touches up well and hides minor surface imperfections. It’s ideal for low traffic areas, interior walls and ceilings.
- Matte has a low luster reflective finish that is durable, easy to clean, touches up well, and also hides minor surface imperfections. It is great for low to moderate traffic areas, such as bedrooms, and interior walls.
- Eggshell Enamel has a soft, velvety appearance and is a good choice for moderate traffic areas such as living rooms.
- Satin Enamel if you desire a pearl-like appearance, and are painting moderate to high traffic areas or areas that have some exposure to moisture, such as kitchens.
- Semi-Gloss Enamel if you desire a sleek, radiant sheen that is great for cabinets and trim, high-traffic areas and high-moisture areas.
- Hi-Gloss Enamel creates a brilliant, shiny appearance with a glass-like finish. This is great for high-use surfaces.